Monday, June 20, 2016

Challenge #106 Use your scraps


Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far!  Michele here, and today I challenge you to use your scraps!  I don't hang on to teeny tiny scraps but I do have a box where I keep leftover paper scraps.  This challenge was a great reminder to me to go into that box and use some of those scraps up!

Challenge #106
 Use Your Scraps

Let's say hello again to our guest designer for the month of June:

Leah Tees

"I have been crafting for all of my life and was a decorative painting instructor for many years before I started doing paper crafts. I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada with my youngest teenage daughter and our two dogs. We love to read and spend time outdoors and I can't seem to ever have enough things to do, lol!

My favourite stamps are too many to name and I love to color with Copics, Prismacolor pencils and watercolor and I am dying to drag out my oils and acrylic paints. I also create jewelry in my spare time, ha ha ha ha (what spare time) :)

My blog is odetopaper.blogspot.ca where you can see inspiration for a few design teams :)"

Here is the beautiful card Leah created for our challenge - be sure to stop by her blog to say hi!




Here is a card I made based on Sketch #177 over at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I punched out butterflies from my paper scraps to create this quick card:


Please take a look at what the other design team members have created below!  Thanks for joining in our challenges, I look forward to seeing what you create.


A mini baby album and matching card from old stash and scraps. Check out my blog for more pix.



I like to use my scraps to die cut shapes and elements to make cards. My Cuttlebug and steel dies make this a breeze.


I challenged myself to only use scraps sitting out on my desk. The flower had been stamped and colored for a previous project and left because I didn't like it. The yellow card base was made for another card but I had changed my mind. The patterned paper was leftover and the black washi tape was already sitting on my desk. Even the sentiment was a stamp set I hadn't put back yet.


The winner of Challenge #105 is #30 Lillian A.!!

Congratulations! Please send an e-mail within two weeks to papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com to claim your prize.

New to our Challenges? Please refer to the rules here: http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/p/how-to-play.html

3 comments:

Lillian A said...

Oh my, what a nice surprise to find I was chosen as the winner this time around! Thanks so much !!

Janice said...

Super cards, thank you for a great challenge.
Janice x

Dorothy S said...

Thanks for the challenge and the great examples. This is a challenge I should use every day!