Wasn't last week's blog hop super fun?! I know I was inspired to make some more decorative goodies.
Maybe we can take all that inspiration that has been gathered and throw it into October's first challenge, Challenge #41: Sew It On. Now, I'm new to the group and thought it was a witty title but after spending a weekend crafting with some of the other Paper Girls, a photo of that in a bit, I realized I should let you in on a little secret. You ready? I just want to see a little sewing going on, use that stitching to attach a button, hand stitch, machine stitch, use a template, faux stitch, or whatever else you can dream up!
Before I reveal what the Paper Girls have in store for you, here's a photo of some of us at Scrapbooksteals Retreat 2013. How cute and color coordinated can it get?! And yes, you'll be seeing this photo again in this post, can you guess who used it?
Sheryl (once a Paper Girl, always a Paper Girl!), Kristy, Charissa, Jessica, Michele
Without further ado, here's my layout:
Jessica (Me!) used a WRMK Sew Easy stitching head to punch the holes for her colorful twine and paper banner.
Becci did hand sewing on her title to go with the vintage and rustic look of this PL page.
Michele stitched up a flower with leaves and made it the focal point on her card.
Check out the hand-stitched stars that Heather included on this precious layout!
Charissa also used an Amy Tangerine stitching template for this stunning layout about the love of her life.
Catherine made these sweet cards with a little hand stitching. Don't you just love the detail?
Amber created loops with some sewing thread to lead the eye across the page. I love the simplicity of this page.
Charity created this fabulous page with lots of machine stitching.
And don't you just love this art journal book page from Erica?! I know I do!
Deborah created this cute Thank You card with machine stitching.
You have until 11:59 MDT on October 19th to link up your project to be entered into this drawing.
As always, there will be a great prize for our lucky winner!
The winner of Challenge #40 is Sherri P.! Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your info and we will get your prize sent out.
How to Join the Fun at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog:
1. Start by following our blog. To do so, click on the "Join this site" button on the right hand side of our blog. Please also feel free to follow by email too!
2. We will post new challenges the first and third Monday of every month. It will be up to you to create a project that has been inspired by our challenge!
3. Your entry should be made after the challenge has been posted. We will not say no to older projects but we prefer to see your new creations!
4. Create a blog post about your entry and make sure to include a link back to The Paper Girls Challenge Blog. If you do not have a blog, you may post on our Facebook page or to an online gallery and then link that photo to our linky. However, please only do this if you do not have a blog.
5. Add a link to your blog post (or Facebook /gallery photo) on our Challenge using the Inlinkz tool located at the bottom of our posts. Please make sure you link the actual post with your entry and not your blog's address.
6. Please make sure you describe how you interpreted our challenge if it isn't clear. If we can't see it, we can't count it.
7. The Deadline for each challenge will be the Saturday at 11:59pm MST before the next challenge is posted. This will give you 1 week and 6 days to complete your projects.
8. Please limit your entries to 3 per person per challenge.
9. We use Random.org to pick the winner. Prizes will be sent directly from the hostess of the challenge. At this time, we can only ship to US and Canadian addresses, due to postage rates. We hope this will change in the future. In the meantime, we love to see creations from all over the world!
10. The most important thing is to have fun!