Good morning Paper Girls!
Welcome to the first day of December! I bet you are already thinking about Christmas gifts and today I want to share with you a couple of ideas for wrapping smaller gifts - like teacher and neighbor gifts! A small gift can be even more touching with the right wrapping.
Here is what I am giving as teacher gifts this year (to church workers and my children's teachers):
Every year I like to give foaming hand soaps from Bath and Body works. I take the pre-made label off and add my own custom label for each teacher. Each year I buy different soaps and embellish them slightly differently but they're always a hit.
And here is what I will be giving as neighbor gifts this year. My tradition is to make homemade marshmallows and gift wrap them with a tin of cocoa from Trader Joe's or Costco.
For this project I used Coordinations solid and shimmer cardstocks, my Silhouette Cameo and sketch pens, and home-dyed bias tape.
Here is what I like to make for my girl's classmates:
Jamberry wrap pockets (also good for gift certificates or candy bars!)
And a tea wreath!
The Paper Girls Design Team also has a few ideas for you of ways to gift wrap, package and create small gifts that warm the heart.
The winner of my Small Gifts challenge will receive this Small Gift Starter Set prize:
I hope these ideas have inspired you to play along!
The winner of Challenge #68 is: #7 - Cher K
Congratulations, Cher! Please send an e-mail with your shipping info to email@example.com to claim your prize.
How to Join the Fun at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog:
1. Start by following our blog. To do so, click on the "Join this site" button on the right hand side of our blog. Please also feel free to follow by email too and like us on Facebook!
2. We will post new challenges the first and third Monday of every month. It will be up to you to create a project that has been inspired by our challenge!
3. Your entry should be made after the challenge has been posted. We will not say no to slightly older projects but we prefer to see your new creations!
4. Create a blog post about your entry and make sure to include a link back to The Paper Girls Challenge Blog. If you do not have a blog, you may post on our Facebook page or to an online gallery and then link that photo to our linky. However, please only do this if you do not have a blog.
5. Add a link to your blog post (or Facebook /gallery photo) on our Challenge using the Inlinkz tool located at the bottom of our posts. Please make sure you link the actual post with your entry and not your blog's address.
6. Please make sure you describe how you interpreted our challenge if it isn't clear. If we can't see it, we can't count it.
7. The Deadline for each challenge will be the Saturday at 11:55pm MST before the next challenge is posted. This will give you 1 week and 6 days to complete your projects.
8. Please limit your entries to 3 per person per challenge.
9. We use Random.org to pick the winner. Prizes will be sent directly from the hostess of the challenge. At this time, we can only ship to US and Canadian addresses, due to postage rates. We hope this will change in the future. In the meantime, we love to see creations from all over the world!
10. You will have two weeks to claim your prize once we post the winner.
11. The most important thing is to have fun!