Monday, July 6, 2015

Challenge #83 - Babies!

Hello!  Brittany here, with The Paper Girl's 83rd Challenge: Babies!!!  I don't know about you, but babies just make me giddy...human babies, animal babies...any baby! And crafting for babies just makes me even more happy.  Before we hop into the amazing design team inspiration for this challenge, I would like to introduce to you our guest designer for the month of July, Karen McAlpine!


Hi, Karen McAlpine here, to tell you a little bit about myself.  I have a long crafty history and have been crafting since the age of four.  Over the years, I have enjoyed many crafts including: decoupage, embroidery, sewing, quilting, crocheting, and gardening.   I love my herb and flower garden.   Currently, card making and paper crafts are my favorites.  I have been making cards for about 15 years. I started out making cards on the computer with a greeting cards software package.  About 9 years ago, I moved on to hand made cards.  I really love the creative scope that comes from stamping.  I feel that each stamp is a little work of art in its own right.  Of course I like to put my own signature style on my projects.  My projects will almost always include lots of layers, a mix of pattern and texture, and fibers of some kind.  Creating my own backgrounds with paint, ink, a Gelli Plate, or stencils has become one of my favorite techniques.   

I wanted a cute baby card and remembered this fun bird stamp set.  Then I thought it would be nice if the nest had a tree background of some kind.  I pulled out this embossing folder and tried that.  I liked the combo of the image with the embossed tree trunk, and then picked some pretty pastel CS colors.   I decided to watercolor the image for a soft look.  




Karen's card is SUPER cute...please be sure to visit her blog for more details and see her other lovely creations!!!!!

Now, on to the Paper Girls design team interpretations this theme: 



And now the winner of Challenge #82 (Happy Birthday) is 37. Avril Watson!
Congratulations! Please send an e-mail with your shipping info to papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com to claim your prize within two weeks.

How to Join the Fun at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog:

1. Start by following our blog. To do so, click on the "Join this site" button on the right hand side of our blog. Please also feel free to follow by email too and like us on Facebook!


2. We will post new challenges the first and third Monday of every month. It will be up to you to create a project that has been inspired by our challenge!


3. Your entry should be made after the challenge has been posted. We will not say no to slightly older projects but we prefer to see your new creations!


4. Create a blog post about your entry and make sure to include a link back to The Paper Girls Challenge Blog. If you do not have a blog, you may post on our Facebook page or to an online gallery and then link that photo to our linky. However, please only do this if you do not have a blog.


5. Add a link to your blog post (or Facebook /gallery photo) on our Challenge using the Inlinkz tool located at the bottom of our posts. Please make sure you link the actual post with your entry and not your blog's address.


6. Please make sure you describe how you interpreted our challenge if it isn't clear. If we can't see it, we can't count it.


7. The Deadline for each challenge will be the Saturday at 11:55pm MST before the next challenge is posted. This will give you 1 week and 6 days to complete your projects.


8. Please limit your entries to 3 per person per challenge.


9. We use Random.org to pick the winner. Prizes will be sent directly from the hostess of the challenge. At this time, we can only ship to US and Canadian addresses, due to postage rates. We hope this will change in the future. In the meantime, we love to see creations from all over the world!


10. You will have two weeks to claim your prize once we post the winner.



11. The most important thing is to have fun!

1 comment:

Karen McAlpine said...

Awesome DT projects!! Thanks for letting my Guest this month!!