Monday, March 6, 2017

Challenge #123 - Luck of the Irish

Hi friends! It's Brittany here to kick off our next challenge. With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner it seems fitting that our next challenge theme is Luck of the Irish. We can't wait to see the project that this theme brings to mind for you. Maybe just the color green, or maybe it is four leaf clovers, rainbows and pots of gold, Leprechauns, green beer, Irish quotes/blessings, or Celtic designs, etc. - we can't wait to see what you create!  You have until Saturday, March 18th, 11:55pm MST, to link up your projects to this post.

Please help me welcome the winner of our #119th challenge, and now guest designer for our challenge today, Emily Shroom:

Hi, my name is Emily and I live in Sydney, Australia. I've been card making in a serious way since 2012. I especially love to colour and while my style has been called 'grunge' I've been playing with CAS a lot the last year and am into shaker cards at the moment. I'd like to thank the Paper Girls for having me as a guest designer, I had fun playing along with my (corny) 'Luck of the Irish' joke! 

Here is the adorable project Emily created for the Luck of the Irish challenge:

I thought a lucky clover would make a cute shaker element and I also wanted to make this card work for a friend's birthday (he is Irish).  So I looked online for a fun sentiment and found this joke about chickens and four leaf clovers.  A Crazy Bird stamp, distress inks, computer generated sentiment, plus a Silhouette cut and voilĂ , one bad luck o' the Irish chicken joke shaker card was created. 

We are so glad to have Emily as our guest designer, thank you so much for playing along with our challenges! Please take a minute to visit Emily on her blog and give her a little love: http://emilyshroom.blogspot.com.au/ 

Here are the projects from the Paper Girls this week: 

Brittany made a layout about her daughter's first St. Patrick's day - of course filled with Shamrocks to match her little dress.

Kristy



And now...Congratulations to the winner of Challenge #122: Denise Prosser - Craft Confectionery

Denise, please send an e-mail within two weeks to papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com to receive the Guest Designer details and be entered into the prize drawing.


New to our Challenges? Please refer our newly updated rules and prize structure here: http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/p/how-to-play.html

Thanks for stopping by - we look forward to seeing your projects in the link up below!


4 comments:

ike said...

Fabulous creations - I love Kristy's pennant card :-)
Thank you for this fun Challenge. xx

Emily Shroom said...

Lovely St Paddy's day layout from Brittany and pretty pennant card from Kristy. Thanks for having me as a guest designer, had fun playing along with the Irish theme!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work DT

Kathi said...

Great inspiration by your design team!