Monday, May 15, 2017

Challenge #128- Recipe Challenge


Welcome to the next challenge from The Paper Girls!  It's Kristy here, bringing you our Recipe Challenge.  When thinking about the recipe, I wanted to give you something that works well for all kinds of projects - papers, cards, even mixed media!  So here you go!  Your projects should feature at LEAST 4 patterns papers, 3 wooden elements, 2 colored inks, and 1 stamp.  Your stamp can be decorative, a date stamp or something that compliment your work!  We can't wait to see what you make with our recipe!  You have until June 3rd to "whip" something up!



Image may contain: text

We are lucky to have a guest designer today, Neva Cole!

Hello, I live in Central Oregon on a mini-farm full of fun critters with my loving husband, two sons, and college-aged daughter in the summer.  We raise German Shepherds and currently have four that call us their humans.  I’ve been crafting my entire life and settled in on paper crafting about 24 years ago.  I stamp and create cards, scrapbook, and make home décor items.  I enjoy playing with ink, stamps, paper, dies, embossing folders, and mixed media.  I am excited to be Guest Designing with Paper Girls Challenge Blog, thank you for having me! 

Please join me and follow me on the platforms listed below!


What a fun challenge to use 4 patterned papers, 3 wooden elements, 2 inks and 1 stamp!  I started by looking at the wooden elements I had in my stash and came up with these fun Little Yellow Bicycle Travel wood shapes.  I recently acquired Die Cuts With a View Adventurer paper collection with those choices in mind I decided to create a two page layout of our quick trip through Yellowstone.  We made a side trip into Yellowstone and hit the major sites in just 6 or 7 hours!  The papers picked up the reds and oranges nicely and complemented the other colors of nature nicely.  I had a great amount to say in my journaling, so the computer was the best way to accomplish that task.  The edges of the papers are inked with Memento Luxe Morocco ink.  The “1-stamp” is the title, and is actually Junkitz Sketchy alphabet along with Fiskars When In Roam set.  These images are also stamped with Memento Luxe Morocco ink.  The internal parts of the letters were colored in with a second ink in Peanut Brittle from a Memento Dual Tip Marker.  It was difficult to narrow done just a few photos, but I think I captured that quick Road Trip through Yellowstone nicely!

Me
For this project, I used 4 different paper from my scrap collection. I used black ink to stamp "MOM" and yellow ink to color my color resist paper, as well and to edge the white base paper.  I did add one "extra" wooden element to this card for my mom.



All my 4 papers are from the Heidi Swapp September Skies pad, which just happened
 to match my photo.  I added some wooden elements from Studio Calico and Elle's Studio, 
my 2 colored inks changed the colour of my white thickers (Prima & Colorbox)  and the stamp
 (on the title heart) is a roller from Amy Tangerine.

Brittany
I chose four papers from the Studious Collection by Authentique, I used a couple stamps, red and light blue inks, and wooden stars and a pencil for embellishments.

And now...Congratulations to the winner of Challenge #127: 3. Melissa Hill

Please send an e-mail within two weeks to papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com 
to receive the Guest Designer details and be entered into the prize drawing.

New to our Challenges? Please refer our newly updated rules and prize structure here: http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/p/how-to-play.html


No comments: