Monday, November 20, 2017

Challenge #140 - Gold

Welcome back, everyone, for our next challenge.  Michele here, and I have figured out that I am not the quickest person to embrace new trends in scrapbooking. When Gold hit the scene a couple years ago I was stuck. I had trouble seeing what other colors matched it and it was too bright and shiny for my pages. I kinda hated it. Well, as trends go, it started popping up everywhere and the more I saw it, the more I liked it and the more I bought it. I still haven't used it a ton in my projects, so this was a challenge for me as well as all of you!

Challenge #140 - Gold

Before I share my project, let me introduce our Guest Designer for this challenge, Tammy:



Hi, My name is Tammy. I live in Colorado with my wonderful husband and our two fur-babies! I've always had some kind of crafty thing going on in my life. But, when I started to make cards I knew it was the perfect craft for me because I love to color and create with paper. I think the best way to describe my style would be... bold coloring with mostly "cute" images and I love my die cuts! :) I also enjoy cooking, hiking, camping and spending time with my family and friends.
Thanks so much for inviting me to be your guest designer! 

My personal blog: My Craft Central

About my card:
I heat embossed the leaves (Neat & Tangled stamp) in ultra fine gold embossing power and colored them with Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Aged Mahogany distress inks. The sentiment was cut out of Gold adhesive glitter paper using a Lawn Fawn die.


Thank you, Tammy, your leaves are so beautiful and lifelike!  Simply gorgeous!

All right, time for some inspiration from the rest of the Paper Girls:


Michele
I used gold striped paper by Teresa Collins and gold Thickers on my layout.


Brittany
I used gold foiled paper and heat embossed the sentiment in gold for this 50th birthday card.


Heather



Karrie
Gold tones in the papers, gold lettering, jewelry,  and
a pic worth more than a ton of gold.


Erica
I made a money envelope for a traditional Chinese wedding. Red and
gold are lucky colors.


And now...congratulations to the winner of Challenge #139:
Theresa P !


Please send an e-mail to papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com within the next two weeks and we'll send you details on being a Guest Designer for a future challenge and enter you in our quarterly prize drawing!


We want to encourage all of our challenge participants to refer our rules and prize structure here: http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/p/how-to-play.html
Also, follow us on our new Instagram account for more chances to win! For this challenge use #PGCBchallenge140 and tag us @papergirlschallengeblog for an extra entry.



Have a wonderful week! We look forward to seeing your beautiful creations!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Gorgeous gold creations DT and thanks for having me as your guest designer!
Tammy x

Birgit said...

Hi there! I can not see any linky tool so you can see my card here:
https://cardsrfun.blogspot.se/2017/11/wishing-you-white-and-beautiful.html
Thanks/ Birgit

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous gold creations :-) I can't see a link so my link is here :-)

http://loraquilina.blogspot.com.mt/2017/12/big-joy-diecember-is-here.html

thanks
luv
Lols x x x

Min hobbyverden said...

No link?
Here is my card:
https://anelene.blogspot.no/2017/12/stilfullt-til-en-50-aring.html