Monday, January 15, 2018

Challenge #144 - Water Colours

Hello and welcome.......Cathryn here!!!  I am so happy to be back
creating with this wonderful group!!!

And today our second challenge of the year is
WATER COLOURS

The past year I have found that our scrapbooking world has truly expanded beyond paper, adhesive and embellishments.  And our already beautiful paper creations are becoming true pieces of art!
One of my new obsessions has been the addition of inks and paints, and creating my own backgrounds.  I have especially fallen in love with water colour paints.  There are now so many types of water colour products that have arrived in the crafting world making them easily available, inexpensive and just plain fun!!!!

Now I am by no means an expert LOL !!! Just really learning myself, enjoying the play
and the results.

I hope you will all join in and play as well.
Kind of makes you feel like a kid again!!!!!!!!!!!
ENJOY

One thing that is important to protect your paper is to Gesso it first. Gesso is much like 
a primer that prepares your surface for paint.  It comes in white, clear and black and can be applied with any brush, or even something like a gift card for heavier coverage.
My favourite Gesso to use while scrapbooking is a spray Gesso like the one in the picture below. 


After the gesso is completely dry I then added the colours of paint I chose.  At this point I thought it just looked like a total mess.  That always happens.  But once you finish your layout things all fall into place.

Here is my finished layout. 


And below some more gorgeous work to enjoy!!!



Oh yeah I cheated and used this fabulous Basic Grey paper, already beautifully water coloured.

I used a combination of shimmer watercolor "cakes" for the background, and watercolor pencils and water brush for the little sloth.  Here you can see my inspiration for my sloth.  :-D

I used the same stamp for both cards, but changed up both the embossing powders and styles for two totally different looks. The watercolors are from my set of Peerless watercolors. 


Michele
I painted a simple watercolor background and then punched out hearts to create this card.

I traced die cut hearts and then used watercolors to color them in and shade them so they look like they pop off my paper a bit.

I stamped my images in archival ink and then watercolored with water based inks.


And now...congratulations to the winner of Challenge #143:
21. Valérie 

Please send an e-mail to papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com within the next two weeks and we'll send you details!!!  We want to encourage all of our challenge participants to refer our rules and prize structure here: http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/p/how-to-play.html

Also, follow us on our new Instagram account for more chances to win! For this challenge use #PGCBchallenge144 and tag us @papergirlschallengeblog for an extra entry.

I can't wait to see all of your beautiful creations!!!  Thanks for stopping by!!!


2 comments:

Georgiana said...

Fabulous DT projects. Hope to join the challenge this week since I love watercolor.

Jan said...

Great DT makes xx Jan