Monday, December 3, 2018

Challenge #165 - Die cuts

Hello Paper Girl fans, Michele here today with a challenge that I hope will help you to use up your stash or use some of your dusty tools!

Challenge #165 - Die Cuts

For this challenge you can use a die cutting machine (such as a Cricut), metal dies or punches to create your die cuts. You can also use pre-made die cuts, which I what I used on my projects.  I love to buy packs of cute die cuts for my layouts.  The only problem is that they come with so many pieces inside that I never use them up!

Here's a card that uses die cuts from My Mind's Eye "Well Hello" collection.  I knew those letters weren't likely to find their way onto a layout so they were perfect for a card!



Next, this layout uses die cuts from Fancy Pants "Magnolia Moments" collection. Even the title is a die cut.  I popped some pieces up when layering to give the layout more dimension.


And finally, I have a pack of 100 flower and leaf pieces from a Pebble flower packet.  I don't have a specific collection that these belong to, so I kitted up my own supplies, mixing papers and embellishments, and created this layout:



Let's see what the other Paper Girls have done with Die Cuts:

I don't have a machine, so I used my favourite line from SEI (that I've been hoarding)
 to make this little diecut diorama as a decoration!

I absolutely love my manual die cut machine and steel dies. I created this entire scene with stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn and My Favorite Things.

I'm like Brittany, I LOVE my manual die cutting machine!  I ran my thin "happy" die through the machine with two different colors, then layered them to give that shadowed effect.

For my layout I used a couple different Silhouette die cuts
and some premade flower die cuts!!!


And now I get to announce the winner of TWO challenges today!

First up, the winner of Challenge #163 is:


And second, the winner of Challenge #164 is:


Please send an e-mail to 
papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com within the next two weeks and we'll send you details!!!  

We want to encourage all of our challenge participants to refer our rules and prize structure here: http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/p/how-to-play.html

Also, follow us on our new Instagram account for more chances to win! For this challenge use #PGCBchallenge165 and tag us @papergirlschallengeblog for an extra entry.



2 comments:

Pink Panoply said...

Thanks for the fun challenge, ladies. Love the DT inspiration. xo Nancy

Emily Shroom said...

Lots of great die cuts and inspiration from the DT, thanks for the fun challenge!