Monday, July 15, 2019

Challenge #180 - Magical Monday

Hello! Heather here with our Magical Monday Challenge. I challenge you to find something magical or mystical and create a card, layout, or any paper-related project that includes a little magic. This could be themed as a movie or book, a specific character, or just generally about all things *MAGICAL*!

Our fabulous guest designer Becca Yahrling has a great project for us today.  Here is more about her project and herself:

"Hope you enjoy today's card. It was made with die sets from Whimsy Stamps, MFT and Peachy Cheap, as well as lots of glitter and sparkle."
"Hi, I'm Becca! I was born & raised & have always lived in South Florida. I am married for 25 years and we have a small parrot named Rocky who sits on my computer as I create. I've been doing some type of craft since I was about 21 when my Mom taught me how to cross stitch."
"We started going to craft shows and I found scrapbooking, which eventually led me to card making. I craft every day and make so many cards that I give a lot of them away to a couple of charities every year. I can only hope that they bring some joy to someone!"

Be sure to visit her the following site and show her some love! 

Here are a few projects from our design team...

For this challenge, I created a Harry Potter related card using the Gryffindor colors. I used a Studio Calico stamp set that I had actually waited for years to have them restock. I think it's just too fun. I fussy cut Hedwig after coloring her just a bit. The background pattern are the other stamps using Versamark ink, which created a tone-on-tone effect. A little white gel pen, and it's purely magical!


Michele
I used a cute dragon stamp from Sweet Stamp Shop on my card.

And now...congratulations to the winner of Challenge #179:
Jessica Navarro

Congrats! Please send an e-mail to 
papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com within the next two weeks and we'll send you details!!!  

We want to encourage all of our challenge participants to refer our rules and prize structure here: http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/p/how-to-play.html

Also, follow us on Instagram for more chances to win! For this challenge use #PGCBchallenge180 and tag us @papergirlschallengeblog for an extra entry.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

Jessica Navarro said...

Yeah! I'm so excited to have won. I had a great time playing along and the fireworks challenge was perfect!

Becca Yahrling said...

Congrats, Jessica!
Cute cards, Heather and Michele. That owl is darling
and the little dragon is precious.
Thanks again so very much for having me guest design.
It's truly an honor. :-)