Monday, February 3, 2020

Challenge #193 - Birthdays

Hello crafty friends, and happy February!

This is Brittany, and I'm looking foward to kicking off  the begining of this month with something to celebrate: Birthdays!

If you're anything like me, I tend to make more birthday cards through the year than any other card. And with a large family, we tend to also have a lot of birthday celebrations I get to scrapbook as well! So, I'm looking forward to seeing your layouts, birthday cards, party decor, etc using this theme - I know I'm personally looking forward to the inspiration!

We are VERY fortunate have an adorable project from from our guest designer, Vicki, to share with you today as well! Here is a bit about Vicki and her very sweet card:


"Hello friends!  My name is Vicki and I’ve been an avid paper crafter for several years!  I’ve been a crafter of some sorts for as long as I can remember as it runs in my family!  Both my mom and grandma have shared their love of crafting with me and when I found paper crafting I was hooked!  I have a varied style and enjoy many different forms of paper crafting besides cardmaking; such as:  art journaling, mixed media and scrapbooking.  Please be sure to stop by my blog at Stamped Smiles where I’d like to share a smile with you! 😊
Check out my You Tube Channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/c/VickiPStampedSmiles
Like my page on Facebook here:  https://www.facebook.com/stampedsmiles/
Follow me on Instagram here - https://www.instagram.com/stampedsmiles/


I’m always needing birthday cards, so this was perfect timing for a few up-coming birthdays!  I was very happy to pull out some new but never used stash items to create with as well!  I’ve used a Cover-Up die to make the base for this fun party animal scene and just added some papers to match the coloring of the images.  It reminds me of a few birthday parties I would attend as a child.  Hope it helps bring you a smile today!  Thank you for having me along for this challenge!"

Thank you SO much, Vicki, and thank you for particpating with us Paper Girls! Please be sure to visit Vicki's blog and tell her hello!

Here is a little more inspiration from our design team:

Brittany
I made these two cards; the first one for my son, the other for my good friend :)



Karrie
Here is memory of a friend's celebration... and a great way to use up washi tape!

We want to thank everyone who responded to our design team call! We'll be connecting with each of you with all the details and announcing our new members VERY soon. We're so excited to grow our team and share their beautiful projects with you!

We would like to thank EVERYONE who entered our Challenge #192, your projects were beautiful!
Please help us congratulate the randomly selected winner...

Congrats! Please send an e-mail to papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com within the
next two weeks and we'll send you more details!!!

We want to encourage all of our challenge participants to refer our rules and prize structure here: http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/p/how-to-play.html
Also, follow us on Instagram for more chances to win! For this challenge use
#PGCBchallenge193 and tag us @papergirlschallengeblog for an extra entry.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

6 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Thank you so much for inviting me along as your guest! I enjoyed being apart of the fun with you all!! HUGS

Hazel (Didos) said...

Lovely makes from the DT, Hazelxx

Rosmarie said...

Wonderful inspirations from the DT!! Rosi x

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Thanks for the challenge! The link party says "Link party reached maximum number of allowed entries." So I'm not able to post it, but here's the link to my page about my mother-in-law's 80th birthday:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/47273565@N06/49540582873/in/dateposted-public/

Hope this works. :) Thanks!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Linky says same thing Cynthia commented, it's reached maximum and it's 9:45pm MST before deadline, so I'm leaving my link here like she did:

https://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/2020/02/mardi-gras-birthday-party-pig.html

Thanks! xoxo

Liliane Carvalho said...


I do not know if it is allowed, as it is the first time I participate, but the link is at maximum and so, I will leave my participation here in the comments. Thanks.

http://scrapchosdalilica.blogspot.com/2020/02/cartao-laranja-para-aniversario.html