Hi everyone, Michele here with our first Paper Girls challenge for the month of August.
Challenge #85 - LARGE LETTERS
Today I challenge you to use large letters. Use them in your layout title, or your card sentiment, or even create a banner with them! I was inspired by the large alpha sets in a few of my Studio Calico kits. Pull out your large alphas or cut or draw your own and have fun!
Please welcome our Guest Designer for August, Amy Ottmers, and check out her gorgeous project for this challenge below!
Hi, my name is Amy. I am a stay at home mother to three amazing children. My daughter is 17 and my two boys are 16 and 12, they keep me full of life and very busy at times. We live in Georgetown, Texas which is right outside of Austin, TX. After growing up in a military family it is nice to stay in one place for a while. I love to travel and of course craft. I started scrapbooking 16 years ago and have been making cards for 6, I love both but right now card making is my favorite. My style is more CAS then anything but I love trying new techniques and of course learning all styles. I'm very excited to be a guest designer for The Paper Girls Challenge!!!
You can find Amy at her blog: http://aocreations.blogspot.com
Description of Amy's card: I used a new stamp and die stamp called "Willy & Friends" from Waffle Flowers and the "Hello" die is from Lawn Fawn. I wanted to make something cute, so I dressed up one of the fun monkeys in a bow and skirt, I think she is so cute!!!
Thanks so much for joining us this month, Amy! For any of our readers, remember if you would like to guest design, please leave your info in the link up on the right side of the page!
Here are some more projects from the Design Team that we hope will inspire:
The winner of Challenge #84 is: #8 Jennie Gibson
Congratulations! Please send an e-mail with your shipping info to email@example.com to claim your prize.
How to Join the Fun at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog:
1. Start by following our blog. To do so, click on the "Join this site" button on the right hand side of our blog. Please also feel free to follow by email too and like us on Facebook!
2. We will post new challenges the first and third Monday of every month. It will be up to you to create a project that has been inspired by our challenge!
3. Your entry should be made after the challenge has been posted. We will not say no to slightly older projects but we prefer to see your new creations!
4. Create a blog post about your entry and make sure to include a link back to The Paper Girls Challenge Blog. If you do not have a blog, you may post on our Facebook page or to an online gallery and then link that photo to our linky. However, please only do this if you do not have a blog.
5. Add a link to your blog post (or Facebook /gallery photo) on our Challenge using the Inlinkz tool located at the bottom of our posts. Please make sure you link the actual post with your entry and not your blog's address.
6. Please make sure you describe how you interpreted our challenge if it isn't clear. If we can't see it, we can't count it.
7. The Deadline for each challenge will be the Saturday at 11:55pm MST before the next challenge is posted. This will give you 1 week and 6 days to complete your projects.
8. Please limit your entries to 3 per person per challenge.
9. We use Random.org to pick the winner. Prizes will be sent directly from the hostess of the challenge. At this time, we can only ship to US and Canadian addresses, due to postage rates. We hope this will change in the future. In the meantime, we love to see creations from all over the world!
10. You will have two weeks to claim your prize once we post the winner.
11. The most important thing is to have fun!